Introducing Author Cherley Grogg
I really enjoyed interviewing author Cherley Grogg this week. I found out about a Facebook group Cherley runs called Writing Wrangler and Warriors. I joined and have had a grand time interacting with the talented authors there. Cherley heads up the group, and it’s a great place for blogging and sharing about our books (and our lives). I thoroughly enjoyed reading Cherley’s novel Stamp Out Murder. You can read my review here. Come along while I ask Cherley some off the wall questions so you can get to know what really makes her tick!
Interview with Cherley Grogg
1. Where do you write? What’s your creative space like?
I do a lot of writing on the move since I’m a trucker girl. At home I live to pull my rocking loveseat close to my roaring fire in the fireplace. And in the summer on my front porch in the swing
2. What is your favorite writing tool?
My little laptop, except for poetry and outlines I like to write long hand.
3. What movie star would you pick as one of the characters in your book and why?
The young man on suits. I think he had a charm about him.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you realize that dream?
I wanted to be a mother and later i wanted top be a school teacher. I an a mother and I taught Sunday School.
5. Explain your creative process. Pantser? Outliner?
Both, I like to do a loose outline and then write as I go.
6. If you could only have one mode of transportation what would it be, a horse or a bicycle? Why?
Bicycle, because it costs lessee to maintain.
7. Do you dream about your stories? Ever written about a dream?
My stories are with me day and mighty for about a year before I put them on paper. I don’t remember my dreams.
8. What were you like in high school? Class clown? Nerd? Cheerleader type?
I was a fighter, a defender of the weak and helpless. I’ve always loved top laugh and have fun. I made good grades, but I loved skipping school.
9. What’s your favorite theme park? Why? (If you’ve never been, which one would you like to visit and why?)
Dollywood, it’s geared more towards adults.
10. Are you a reader? What types of books do you like best? What author(s)?
I read a lot. I like all kinds of genres. Westerns, history, cozies, suspense, mystery, true crime, children’s books, spiritual books and most of all the Bible. Jeffry Deavers, Sue Grafton, and we have some great writers on Writing Wranglers and Warriors, including you.
Thank you for a very interesting interview Cherley. Readers, leave Cherley a comment to let her know you stopped by. And be sure to pick up one of her books. Here are other places you can find Cherley Grogg and her books.
And please join Cherley on her Facebook Fanpage, that’s managed by one of her most faithful fans: Cindy Ferrell